Your one-time or monthly contribution using any major Canadian credit card will be safely processed through either PayPal or Stripe, our safe and secure integrated payment processors.
A PayPal or Stripe account is not required to make your contribution.
Your online contribution options include:
1. A one-time contribution to an annual maximum of $1,600 (new for 2019)
2. An ongoing monthly contribution of $10, $25, $50, $75, 100, $125 -- or any amount you prefer -- to an annual maximum of $1,600 (new for 2019)
As of January 1, 2019, the maximum allowable contribution to a registered Canadian political party, including our own Oshawa Conservative EDA (CFC-Oshawa) increased to $1,600 annually (up from $1,575 in 2018). Accordingly, our EDA accepts one-time or aggregate monthly donations up to this amount through this website.
Your potential federal tax benefits
As a one of EDA's contributors, you're eligible for generous federal tax credits you make a donation to our Association in support of our candidate's campaign in the next federal general election.
The size of your reduction in taxes payable depends on the sum of all your political contributions.
If you have already made a contribution this year, please use the table below to calculate your cumulative tax credit.
- Donations between $0 and $400 will provide you with a 75 per cent refund;
- Donations between $400 and $750 will provide you with a refund of $300 plus 50 per cent of any amount over $400; and,
- Donations over $750 will provide you a refund of $475 plus 33.3 per cent of any amount over $750 up to a maximum of $650 per year.
Limits on Contributions
Only Canadian citizens or permanent residents may make political contributions, in each of the following amounts:
- No more than $1,600 in any calendar year to each registered political party;
- No more than $1,600 in total in any calendar year to the combined entities of each registered political party (Electoral District Associations, Nomination Contestants and Candidate campaigns); and,
- No more than $1,600 in total between all registered leadership contestants in a registered party's leadership contest.
Full details are available on Elections Canada's website.