In accordance with the constitutions of the Oshawa Conservative Electoral District Association (EDA) and the Conservative Party of Canada (CPC), an Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the membership will be held as follows:
Date and time: 7:00pm, Tuesday, February 11, 2020 (registration begins at 6:30pm)
Location: Alfie’s Lounge, Royal Canadian Legion Branch 43, 471 Simcoe St S, Oshawa, ON
Membership renewal available at the door. Light refreshments will be served.
Business to be conducted at this meeting shall include:
1. President's annual report;
2. Membership report;
3. Official Agent’s preliminary report for the year ended December 31, 2019;
4. Report from the 2019 Campaign Manager;
5. Report from our Member of Parliament, Colin Carrie;
6. Report on election readiness preparations;
7. 2020 Conservative Leadership Election (membership cut-off: April 17, 2020; E-Day: 27 June, 2020);
8. Election of Directors for 2020-21; and,
9. Other business (as required).
Afterward: Social (in the lounge)
In order to vote at this meeting, you must:
1) Be a member in good standing of the Conservative Party of Canada for a minimum of twenty-one (21) days prior to the meeting (January 21, 2020) or be renewing, in person, a membership which has expired during the 90 days prior to the meeting (after Wednesday, November 13, 2019); and,
2) Reside within the Oshawa Electoral District’s boundaries as set out in the 2013 Representation Order; namely the area “consisting of that part of the Regional Municipality of Durham comprised of that part of the City of Oshawa lying southerly of Taunton Rd West and Taunton Rd East”.
Members may be required to show two (2) pieces of identification which, taken together, will establish their identity, residence, and voting eligibility as prescribed by both the Party and EDA Constitutions. If your annual or multi-year membership has expired, please click here to renew online.
To check your current membership status online, please click here (you will require your membership number).
If you prefer to mail your renewal and membership fee, or make a tax receipt-eligible financial contribution to the Association, a return envelope was enclosed in our recent mailing to the Association's current and recently-expired members.
If you wish to seek a position on our Association’s 2020-21 Board of Directors or would like to volunteer in any capacity with our next campaign, please call 905.721.9022 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please plan on joining your Conservative friends and family for this important meeting.
RSVP below or on our Facebook event page.
We look forward to seeing all of our members and volunteers on February 11th!
Rhonda Gorham, President 2019-20
471 Simcoe St S
Oshawa, ON L1H 4J7
Click Here For Google Map & Directions