In accordance with the constitutions of the Oshawa Conservative Electoral District Association (EDA) and the Conservative Party of Canada (CPC), an Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the membership will be held as follows:
Date and time: Tuesday, January 22, 2019; 7:30pm (registration begins at 7:00pm)
Location: Alfie’s Lounge, Royal Canadian Legion Branch 43, 471 Simcoe St S, Oshawa, ON
Membership renewal available at the door. Light refreshments will be served.
Business to be conducted at this meeting shall include:
- President’s annual report;
- Membership report;
- Registered Financial Agent’s preliminary report for the fiscal year ended Dec 31, 2018;
- Election readiness report: 2019 campaign timeline, roles and responsibilities;
- Report from Colin Carrie, Oshawa’s Member of Parliament;
- Election of Directors for 2019-20; and,
- Other business (as required).
In order to vote at this meeting, you must:
- Be a member in good standing of the Conservative Party of Canada for a minimum of twenty-one (21) days prior to the meeting or be renewing, in person, a membership which has expired during the 90 days prior to the meeting (after October 24, 2018); and,
- Reside within the Oshawa Electoral District’s boundaries as set out in the 2013 Representation Order; namely the area “consisting of that part of the Regional Municipality of Durham comprised of that part of the City of Oshawa lying southerly of Taunton Road West and Taunton Road East”.
Please note that members may be required to show two (2) pieces of identification which, taken together, will establish their identity, residence, and voting eligibility as prescribed by both the Party and EDA Constitutions.
If your annual or multi-year membership has expired, please renew your membership online now.
If you prefer to mail your renewal and membership fee, or make a tax receipt-eligible financial contribution to the Association, please use the form and return envelope which was enclosed in our recent mailing to all active and recently-expired members within the riding.
If you are interested in seeking a position on the 2019-20 Board of Directors or would like to volunteer in any capacity during the upcoming election campaign, please send a note to [email protected] or call us on the EDA's hotline at 905.721.9022.
Please plan on joining your Conservative friends and family for this important meeting. It's important that do you part to help us Keep Oshawa Blue and re-elect Colin Carrie in October 2019.
We look forward to seeing you on January 22nd.
Rhonda Gorham, President
471 Simcoe St S
Oshawa, ON L1H 4J7
Click Here For Google Map & Directions